I Want To Get Shot!!
October 8, 2009, 5:59 am
Filed under: 1

OAKLAND, Calif. – Oakland will pay $1.2 million to settle a lawsuit filed by a burglary suspect who was left a paraplegic after being shot by a police officer.

The Oakland City Council approved the payment to Charles Davis Jr. during a closed session Tuesday night.

Davis was suspected of burglarizing a church in 2007 when he was shot by the Oakland officer. Though Davis was unarmed, the officer said he mistook items that Davis was carrying from the church for a gun.

Rick Simons, Davis’ attorney, says the money will be used the help the 49-year-old Davis with the “basic needs” of living as a paraplegic.

The settlement comes after the council voted on Sept. 22 to approve a $1.5 settlement payment to the family of a 20-year-old man shot and killed by an Oakland police officer in 2007.

Advertisements

Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s



%d bloggers like this: